Friggin' Useless Prats . . .

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Friggin' Useless Prats . . .

Post by Fat Bob » 8th Jan, '10, 13:26

Suggestion for parents: Nothing But Tears shamppoo
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 8th Jan, '10, 13:45

50k for upsetting a kid? What is the world coming to?

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Post by Satellite » 8th Jan, '10, 13:54

Fat Bob wrote:Suggestion for parents: Nothing But Tears shamppoo
Don't believe in mollycoddling AT ALL, seeing what it did to my younger brother.

Mr Sate often tease htat he's leaving Baby Sate in army boot camp when in my care. So far, it has toughen him up a bit... doesn't care when water seeps into his eyes... but I'm sure that this will toughen him up a bit more! Where can I buy it?!!!! :evil:

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 8th Jan, '10, 14:17

Satellite wrote:ifmyou had covered her eyes -how could she have seen it?
Umm . . . the first scenes were quite 'normal' and I had no idea what the preview was for. Have a look at it yourself . . . it literally jumps into action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGE_zSdCzDU
Burbage wrote:50k for upsetting a kid? What is the world coming to?
Making the world a better place, Burb. :)
Fat Bob wrote:RM50k? You should send her to a boot camp with the money....that would toughen her up some!
You don't have children, do you FB?
Aliya wrote:Good for you in getting that off them and more importantly the fact they have agreed to tighten up their procedures. Nothing would have happened if you had done nothing. Don't disagree about your comments re litigation and would advise clients differently but on a personal level having just finished with 3 years of litigation the idea of more personal stress would not be appealing!
In the end that was what it was about . . . and they were not in the least antagonistic and acknowledged that they were in the wrong . . . again.

Three years of litigation on one case? Mrs Hat gets tired if it drags on for more than a few weeks. I hope you came out of it well in the end, Aliya.

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 8th Jan, '10, 14:42

Sadly it wasn't for me but the DMrA's family and his ex wife who once he died decided that he had promised all sorts of things she never mentioned while he was alive or after they separated. I was heavily involved because I was at the centre of it all at the time.

Litigation is, as you know, a paper process with no way to hurry it along. Having said that she only got a fraction of what she had been seeking and was vilified by all their friends for even trying it on so a very satisfactory outcome.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 8th Jan, '10, 14:59

Aliya wrote: Litigation is, as you know, a paper process with no way to hurry it along. Having said that she only got a fraction of what she had been seeking and was vilified by all their friends for even trying it on so a very satisfactory outcome.
I'm sorry to hear that it was on such a personal level . . . but poetic justice that Schadenfreude can be heaped on her now

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 8th Jan, '10, 15:37

In the end the risk of putting stuff on will outweigh the benefits, and in the end the kids will lose out. It happens here with blue cards. People want to do stuff for kids, but the government forces them to apply for a blue card, so it all ends up being too hard, and the kids get nothing. The one group of people who certainly have no trouble going to all that effort are the ones with a sexual interest in kids.

If you want a completely safe environment for your children, don't be surprised if they try to stroke a lion.
Last edited by Burbage on 9th Jan, '10, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 8th Jan, '10, 16:20

What's a blue card and have you started drinking early in view of it being Friday?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 8th Jan, '10, 16:48

I suspect a blue card in QLD or Australia is similar to the scheme in the UK where, if you want to have contact with kids other than your own, for instance, kids football coach, you have to be vetted by the police. This has gone a little over the top though, as people wanting to just do a quick careers presentation at a high school or 6th form college, also have to go through this. It's basically treating everyone as criminals unless they can prove they are not.

Must say, I'm rather impressed with a RM50k (SGD22kish, GBP10kish) payout due to all of this. As much as we're all pissed off with the american sue everyone thing, if you can do it and others are....why not! It's a fair sum indeed! Congratulations on the windfall.

Hell, I'd take shit off you lot for that sum! Oh, I take it for free don't I? Bugger.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 8th Jan, '10, 17:13

Fat Bob wrote:Hell, I'd take shit off you lot for that sum!
Should we start passing the hat around?
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light

Rosbif71
Too Much Time on my Hands

Post by Rosbif71 » 8th Jan, '10, 17:37

Aliya wrote:Good for you in getting that off them and more importantly the fact they have agreed to tighten up their procedures. Nothing would have happened if you had done nothing. Don't disagree about your comments re litigation and would advise clients differently but on a personal level having just finished with 3 years of litigation the idea of more personal stress would not be appealing!
i had planned on a litigation career when I took a break from working to study law. unfortunately in the sphere of litigation I was aiming for it is practically impossible to get a pupillage without an Oxbridge degree. Settled for doing solicitors course instead but still wasn't able to get a training contract with a firm that was interesting enough to prevent me returning to my previous career.

finished my law studies 3 years ago so probably too late now.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 8th Jan, '10, 19:22

50k - that will make a lovely donation to someone deserving, given that it wasn't about the cash to you Panama Hat, feel free to let us know where you send it. After all the important thing was the apology and the change to procedure...
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 8th Jan, '10, 19:28

You're forgetting, Tas, that the moral high ground is an awfully expensive piece of real estate to maintain.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 8th Jan, '10, 20:15

Jesus, is this thread still going on? 50k? And you think it's the law that's an ass?

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 8th Jan, '10, 20:32

How much $$$ do we need for a forum party? After all the legal (and other) advice given here should be honoured somehow

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 8th Jan, '10, 20:46

MYR 50k should just about cover it.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 8th Jan, '10, 21:16

Thanks Mr Hat (and others) for giving us an entertaining opening week to the new year. [smilie=gossip.gif]

It's been a while. [smilie=langue2.gif] [smilie=langue2.gif]

Edit: I forgot to add in everyone else...sorry!
Last edited by Pinklepurr on 8th Jan, '10, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 8th Jan, '10, 23:10

entertaining ? It's the thread that's come close to being the first locked (in anger) thread on the board.

There is nothing entertaining about accusing board members of being paedophiles.
Last edited by baloo on 9th Jan, '10, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 9th Jan, '10, 00:04

Nothing entertaining about accusing board members of being paedophiles.
I agree of all the insults thrown around on this thread that was completely over the top.
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 9th Jan, '10, 05:49

baloo wrote:entertaining ? It's the thread that's come close to being the first locked (in anger) thread on the board.
What, and give him another excuse to cry "favouritism"?

PP, I'm amazed you find it amusing. It's just usual Panama Hat methods, isn't it? Breeze in every now and then, demand attention by whatever methods, insult a few people, act badly done to when anybody dares to criticise...sorry, Hat - I'm bored with this game.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 9th Jan, '10, 08:11

skank-la wrote:
Nothing entertaining about accusing board members of being paedophiles.
I agree of all the insults thrown around on this thread that was completely over the top.
I actually can't think of any other insults thrown around. There have been many heated debates and disagreements, but no personal insults that I can recall.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Jan, '10, 08:38

Ah, you should all just toughen the fuck up!

Poppy Appeal

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 9th Jan, '10, 09:10

50k says I don't have to

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 9th Jan, '10, 10:56

Fat Bob wrote:Ah, you should all just toughen the **** up!
And you can shut the fuck up, Fat Boy. We all know you're a softie are kind to old people, children and animals really, even if Scummy was the only one to out you. [smilie=kiss.gif]

Panama Hat
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Panama Hat » 9th Jan, '10, 20:42

baloo wrote:entertaining ? It's the thread that's come close to being the first locked (in anger) thread on the board.

There is nothing entertaining about accusing board members of being paedophiles.
Would you, please, be so kind as to show me where I accused him (or is it now plural, baloo???) of being one? Or the many board members now.
Kooky wrote:
What, and give him another excuse to cry "favouritism"?

PP, I'm amazed you find it amusing. It's just usual Panama Hat methods, isn't it? Breeze in every now and then, demand attention by whatever methods, insult a few people, act badly done to when anybody dares to criticise...sorry, Hat - I'm bored with this game.
Another excuse? Care to show me the other ones?

Have you adopted the whinging Pom attitude since arriving in Oz? Please do cite examples where I 'demand attention', where I 'insult a few people' or 'act badly' towards those who criticise. Go on, you can do it.

My first thread here when joining, FB decided to be a bit of a prat - no worries there, just the way it is on a forum . . . but to have it reach the stage of accepting foul language in reference to children . . . nice one, Kooky

What I find quite frightening is that, one poster aside, the other members here find it acceptable that children are referred to as FB did . . .

Circle the wagons . . .