New DBS ib secure banking device

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

New DBS ib secure banking device

Post by slinky » 24th Jul, '12, 17:45

It came in the mail today, so I thought I'd get it all set up. (Yeah, I know :lol: )

First choice was 'What kind of account?' and the 3 choices were: ATM Card, Credit Card, or Debit Card. Hmmm, well, the card I have serves as an ATM card to withdraw or deposit cash out of/into their machines but it also is a NETS card which debits from my account, so which issit?? Anyway, I chose 'ATM card' thinking that might work. (Yeah, I know :lol: ) Well, then it wanted NRIC or Passport number and even as I typed in my passport number, I knew this was going to be a problem. Why, you ask? Well, the account was opened over 8 years ago when both Mr. S and I had different passport numbers (we've each had to renew since coming here initially).

Please, go ahead, just imagine the joy I had talking to customer service about this [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Oh, and did I get the thing set up?? No. Of course not. Customer Service guy did nicely say they are 'experiencing problems' with registering these things right now [smilie=23_3.gif] and that he would call me when all that was resolved. In the meantime, I will need to go in with my new -- and old, if I can even find it :roll: -- passport to 'update my information' and when I asked if I could bring in Mr. S's new passport to update as well (it is a joint account), well, you can just imagine the answer to that, can't you? [smilie=sigh.gif]

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: New DBS ib secure banking device

Post by Fat Bob » 24th Jul, '12, 18:18

I think the 2 benefits I love about becoming PR is (1) enforced savings through CPF and (2) getting an NRIC that all institutions like this will accept, where the number never changes.

I've no idea if they will accept you using your FIN pass as I believe the number never changes, but it's unlikely.

I have all my old passports. Well, since living in Singapore anyhow!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: New DBS ib secure banking device

Post by slinky » 24th Jul, '12, 18:24

You are correct, FB, my FIN is the same despite at least 2 dependent pass renewals and one driver's license renewal. And, no, Customer Service guy said FIN no good.