Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 29th Nov, '12, 09:05

where the fuck has chart options gone in excel when you are doing a chart graph

for fucks sake it used to be right click and I have gone through all the tabs KNOWING it HAS to be in there somewhere, of course you have secondary y axis other wise what is the point

Fuck
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Tas
I live here

Re: 7

Post by Tas » 29th Nov, '12, 09:22

secondary y axis in help leads to 2003, lovely because I know that one without any help

Thought this little instruction from daft online search thing in F1 that is no use told me this, followed it, and ofcourse, there is NO SECONDARY AXIS line under any tabs. SHeesh, I always work out stuff but this is making me want to punch the screen

Add a Secondary Horizontal Axis
6 Click the chart that displays a secondary vertical axis. You cannot display a secondary horizontal axis without a secondary vertical axis.

7 On the "Layout" tab in "Chart Tools," in the "Axes" group, select "Axes."

8 Click "Secondary Horizontal Axis." Make changes to the display options that you want.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 13th Dec, '12, 16:32

OMG
I hate this fucking Office 7. In Documents today. Footnotes and Headers USED to be so fucking simple

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 13th Dec, '12, 16:54

might JUST punch this screen

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 13th Dec, '12, 17:47

Sorry, can't help with the Excel, but just wanted to say

CHAMPION RANT!
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 14th Dec, '12, 04:16

Tas is on fire

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 14th Dec, '12, 05:30

well I've been loyal to Microsoft for years, because I found it easy to use, was comfortable with it, and was one of the main reasons I've never switched to Apple products even when nice and shiny looking because I didn't find the software intuitive.WELL. This latest version of Office 7 is knocking that on the head. Why do boffins have to change everything just to justify a change, and then make it worse! The fact that I still can't find secondary axis on chart graphs when it's something been doing for years really IS NOT GOOD in a spreadsheet and charting programme! Am about to re attack the document that added 1.5hrs to my day yesterday.

Oh here is something I identified yesterday, when you make a format change, down the bottom on EveRyTHinG is a little box that is set as a default to 'this section' only, I'm pretty sure you used to have to select that option, not have it as a default. So for example when I was making some footnote and header edits I had to actively go in and select for whole document. Small and seemingly insignificant, but not, when you're tired at end of the day and it's a change of process on old.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 14th Dec, '12, 06:56

Have no fear, office 10 is just around the corner, if its not already here.

If its any consolation,after 3 I'm now finding it ore intuitive than the old menu bar.m but it took a while,and required me to create my own ribbon bars with my most commonly used hard to get to commands.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 14th Dec, '12, 07:30

Good point to customise a command bar. the trick for me at the mo is finding the frigg'n things in the first place. Fortunately one my faves - Format Painter is up front on my clipboard bar, which after a bit of searching happy to note contains Paste Special, so a lot of angst saved there now it's sitting up there to the left!