Digital Copy of movies - friggin' useless

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Digital Copy of movies - friggin' useless

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Jan, '13, 13:24

I've bought three movies recently from Aamzon which included a digital copy as part of the DVD/Bluray disc.

What a friggin' useless system!

I had two discs from Paramount and one disc from 20th Century Fox. Guess what? Three completely different sets of issues.

1 Paramount disc - requires me to download the files from the web. Can this be done? No, I end up in a loop of crap. Still not able to start the download.

2nd Paramount disc: an extra Digital Copy of disc whic required a load of software updating (I think the DRM Content Manager needed upgrading - had to do that as admin which I found out after 10 attempts)

20th Century Fox disc: to Wizard didn't work, had to just copy the file over manually and then input the code.

Friggin' useless, all three of them. Get a friggin' set of standards across the movie world and abide by them.

One positive note - each of the 2 that have worked have both 2GB and 500MB versions - the smaller file for my portable device. Contary to what is believed on the net, both movies work well on a non-internet connected Android phone with no extra hassle. Nice.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Re: Digital Copy of movies - friggin' useless

Post by Joseph27 » 13th Jan, '13, 15:38

Gotta love how the production houses are ten steps behind the bootleggers. It is funny I was in a house the other day and both parents were professionally employed - one in the government and the other in banking. For all other purposes they were completely legit but when it came to movies - they have their 2TB drive with every new movie out there.... no qualms and as much as I argue with certain people, I didn't care. The studios are far behind the technology with their collective heads up their collective arses. I am happy to pay but I want access and can only get it via the alternative...
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: Digital Copy of movies - friggin' useless

Post by Fat Bob » 15th Jan, '13, 08:03

Now got a further 2 with Digital Copy.

1 does not work on either PC I have. The second is another download, which I've been told "the offer is not available in Singapore".

Pile of shite indeed!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal