Sorry, I just REALLY REALLY need to write this:

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Sorry, I just REALLY REALLY need to write this:

Post by JJ » 15th Mar, '13, 13:12

Dear people in admin and finance dept.

Constant multiple emails asking for things before the MUTUALLY agreed deadline is NOT. F...ING. HELPFUL. Its just distracting and downright annoying.

I know you all believe that we, the management, exist to serve you and that we just sit around twiddling our thumbs waiting for your requests to come through, but actually the reality of business life is waaaay different.

WIthout us (me) business doesnt come in, therefore we earn zero money, therefore you dont have a job.

If you are bored, and have nothing to do, go away and annoy someone else for a change. Or go and find something useful to do for a change.

Thank You.
Best regards
A very annoyed JJ

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Sorry, I just REALLY REALLY need to write this:

Post by Kooky » 15th Mar, '13, 14:04

Dear people in Sales & Marketing

Without people in Admin & Finance, no revenue would be collected and no bills would be paid (including your salary), therefore there would be no business.

Much Love

Admin & Finance person

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 15th Mar, '13, 14:35

No business, no money.

No money, no revenue to collect, no bills to pay. End of.

Kisses
General Manager.

:P :P :P :P :P

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 15th Mar, '13, 15:10

:mrgreen: I love this thread.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 15th Mar, '13, 15:33

Let's face it, without each other we'd all be fucked so perhaps learning to respect and tolerate each other, even if we don't like each other, is what's important.

And on that deep note I'm off for an Irish sausage.

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 15th Mar, '13, 17:02

Kooky wrote:I'm off for an Irish sausage.
And I love Irish sausage :mrgreen:

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 15th Mar, '13, 17:03

I have not been smoking funny cigarettes. I promise :mrgreen:

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 15th Mar, '13, 17:13

Actually I think my point at least was just to rant :-) here ... as opposed to in at email directly at them :) anyway ... job done.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 15th Mar, '13, 18:54

You would all be nothing without the IT department.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 15th Mar, '13, 21:00

DO. NOT. GET. ME. STARTED.

:-)

Actually my current IT dept is the best I have ever EVER worked with. In 2.5 years with the company (with them working remotely not a single person in the office here) they have only TWICE asked me if i have rebooted. Thats... well, thats like a bloody miracle IMHE.

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 16th Mar, '13, 18:36

The dividing line is "do you interact with customers directly, yes/no?"

If no, then no matter how good a job you do, how super sharp your game is, how clever you are - the company can't prosper if the other guys, the ones that do interact with the customer, don't do their jobs well.

Whereas if the people that interact with the customers directly are really sharp, the company can do well even with marginal or poor IT/HR/Admin/Finance.

Of course, you can guess from this viewpoint which side of the line my career has been on.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 17th Mar, '13, 06:53

Hmm, Our finance spends all its time demanding data for reports to the UK, and very little helping me on a project to assist those sales guys who help bring in the money. So they expect everything withing 3hrs of asking, but I'm told not to bother them because it is always month end, or forcasting and budget or some other activity. So I'm developing a simple tool to assess value of resource vs project for prioritization , but can I get assistance from any of the finance team....NO, god forbid we do any business maths to help in assessing current activity instead of after the fact...

That's my little rant contribution.

BTW our little external IT business we use now after becoming independent of the bigger company IT group is fantastic too, also best guys have had service from. Makes such a difference. I also tell 'em rebooted twice before this phone call, but not sure they've even asked for couple years anyway :)
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 17th Mar, '13, 08:02

I like to consider the admin people akin to a dishwasher in a busy kitchen - they are essential and you need them to do a good job but they are supportive to the talent. Without them everything goes to shit but they are replaceable and always remain a cost on your gl. The sales dept generates the sales, establishes and maintains the relationships and are core to the ongoing viability of the business. I know I have worked with a few admin managers here who are so anal that they actively cost business if they demonstrate to their masters back home that they are necessary and important to the business.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 18th Mar, '13, 05:07

Hmmmmmm, not sure I'd say met too many sales people with real genuine talent, maybe around 20 max in a current lifetime. Without `talent` how do your products get made, get to the floor on time, manage complaints, manage recalls, ensure delivery on time in full, rarely something managed by a sales person but is essential to the positive vendor experience. So no, don't agree good supply chain and admin easily replaceable, but there again if you've had limited career experiences that might be hard to see or understand.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Calatrava
Limp Member
Mood: Anxious

Post by Calatrava » 26th Mar, '13, 16:16

Dear corporate people,

Without us, you would have no business. So kindly quit your whining and go make us some money.

Yours faithfully,
The people.
Blame no one but yourself for any failures. Similarly any success is also all you and you alone.