Am I crazy or...

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

T2K
Going Postal

Am I crazy or...

Post by T2K » 5th Aug, '10, 16:33

...does the title of this article not have any relevance and the murderer is portrayed as the victim? WTF?

"911 call on Conn. shooting shows racial disparity"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100805/ap_ ... _shootings
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Re: Am I crazy or...

Post by slinky » 5th Aug, '10, 17:03

After looking at the article, the whole thing seems to be portrayed as he shot 8 people and then himself because he felt racially discriminated against. Not really a mention of the fact that he murdered those people in cold blood.

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 5th Aug, '10, 17:25

The title doesn't make much sense to me, but I think the lack of detail on the victims is because this is about the twelfth article that AP has run on the shooting. This one is mainly about the motive, rather than the news of the shootings themselves, so is concentrating on the alleged racial angle.

I didn't get the impression that it was written to elicit sympathy for the guy (or at least it didn't make me feel any).

T2K
Going Postal

Post by T2K » 5th Aug, '10, 17:29

What racial disparity did the 911 call show? That he was the only black employee? Is that somehow unfair? The headline and the whole story just grate me. Point taken though that, as the facts have been covered already, now it's time to get into the "angle" stories.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 5th Aug, '10, 20:08

You're crazy. But I don't think this story had anything to do with it.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Mr Oz
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Mr Oz » 6th Aug, '10, 11:28

T2k you must me crazy...

Look at shoplifting...
Nice white daughter of former NY city mayor gets let off. Awww Poor thing....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... arges.html

While poor black shoplifter doesn't make it out of the carpark. Well he does straight to the morgue.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/1 ... 75063.html
A conspiracy theory is just the truth not yet come to light