Religulous Movie Ending Script Sequence

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 15th Feb, '11, 11:00

Finally got around to watching this film on teh ipad going to Indo last week. I liked it alot - though Bill Maher pissed off a lot of people with this, I like his call to arms and the flow of the movie kept you engaged. I cant imagine many of the guest enjoyed watching it though... they ended up looking pretty silly in most cases.

If you get a chance - its worth a view

--------

A lot of people in this country believe in end-times. There will be this great reckoning, the rapture.

But, if you believe that the world is going to come to an end, perhaps any day now. Does it not drain ones motivation to improve life on earth while we’re here?

Megiddo, Israel is the very spot many Christians believe life on earth will end. The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses. The world actually could come to an end.

The hour is getting very late. To be able to indulge in having key decisions made by religious people, By irrationalists, by those who would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn’t learn a lot about it.

Faith, means making a virtue out of not thinking. It’s nothing to brag about. For those who preach faith, and enable and elevate it, are intellectual slave holders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and non-sense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction.

Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don’t have all the answers to think that they do. Since there are no gods actually talking to us. That void is filled in by people with their own corrupts, limitations and agendas.

Anyone who tells you that they know, they just know what happens when you die. I promise you they don’t. How can I be so sure?
Because I don’t know and you do not possess mental powers that I do not.

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that what man needs to be. Considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong.

This is why rational people, anti religionists. Must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious really need to look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you, actually comes at a terrible price.

If you belong to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia violence and sheer ignorance as religion is. You would reside in protest. To do otherwise, is to be an enabler, mafia wife with the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers.

If the world does come to an end, here or wherever, or if it limps into the future, Decimated by the effects of a religion inspired nuclear terrorism.

Let’s remember what the real problem was.

That, we learned how to precipitate mass death, before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it.

Bill Maher
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."