knox has got off

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

knox has got off

Post by Tas » 4th Oct, '11, 07:39

So what about the murder victim - Meredith Kercher. The whole testimony and lying about the former boss thing makes anything she says doubtful from day one. Poor Kercher family. Obviously pays to have the cash if you want to get off.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Re: knox has got off

Post by Fat Bob » 4th Oct, '11, 08:02

Difficult one indeed, and one that may never be solved. Seems like there's untruths throughout the whole case, throughout both prosecutor's and defender's stories. And you're right, it can not be good for the Kercher family.

I haven't got the foggiest on who or what did this murder:I jut hope one day that justice prevails.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 4th Oct, '11, 10:10

I haven't the foggiest on who committed this murder either and I think the biggest issue with this case was the apparent sloppy police work at the crime scene. You can't just keep someone in prison because they 'seem to be' the one who did it -- there has to be proof beyond a doubt that they did. Due to bad police work or possibly the fact that she really didn't do it, the court has to let her go because they can't prove she did do it. For the Kercher family, I too hope someday they get an answer - it's awful to think that someone is walking free after what was done to their daughter.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 4th Oct, '11, 10:12

The 3rd guy convicted of Meredith's murder is still in jail, so perhaps some justice there. All seems a bit of a shambles from the outset.

As for Knox and Sollecito, only they know what their involvement was on that night . Doubtless we'll get the telemovie version at some point just to torture Meredith's family even further.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 4th Oct, '11, 10:28

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 4th Oct, '11, 10:41

As far as I'm concerned, it is better to leave a guilty person unpunished than to punish an innocent.

Monkey Hanger
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Dizzy

Post by Monkey Hanger » 4th Oct, '11, 20:03

daffodil wrote: Doubtless we'll get the telemovie version at some point just to torture Meredith's family even further.
And of course there'll be absolutely no book deals signed by Knox.

I really feel for the Kercher family.

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Post by skank-la » 5th Oct, '11, 01:00

Yeah who's guilty here the African born laborer & drug dealer who lived downstairs& who's DNA was all over the victim & the knife & fled the country or Amanda her friend & roomate & her Italian boyfriend who found the body & called the police & waited for them to come?

On this one I'm w/Amanda -suprisingly one of the best summaries of it all is here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 27th Mar, '13, 10:56

Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.