Your guide to spotting homosexuality in children!

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Your guide to spotting homosexuality in children!

Post by daffodil » 15th Sep, '12, 14:26

Malaysia holds seminars on how to spot gay children
Fri, Sep 14 2012
By Siva Sithraputhran
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - The Malaysian government has begun holding seminars aiming to help teachers and parents spot signs of homosexuality in children, underscoring a rise in religious conservatism in the Muslim majority nation.
So far, the Teachers Foundation of Malaysia has organized 10 seminars across the nation. Attendance at the last event on Wednesday reached 1,500 people, a spokesman for the organization told Reuters.
"It is a multi-religious and multicultural (event), after all, all religions are basically against that type of behavior," said the official.
The federal government said in March that it is working to curb the "problem" of homosexuality, especially among Muslims who make up over 60 percent of Malaysia's 29 million people.
According to a handout issued at a recent seminar, signs of homosexuality in boys may include preferences for tight, light colored clothes and large handbags, local media reported.
For girls, the details were less clear. Girls with lesbian tendencies have no affection for men and like to hang out and sleep in the company of women, the reports said.
Malaysia frowns on oral and gay sex, describing them as against the order of nature. Under civil law, offenders -- male and female -- can be jailed for up to 20 years, caned or fined.
Actual prosecutions are rare, although former deputy prime minister Anwar Ibrahim has twice been tried for sodomy, in cases he called political conspiracies. He spent six years in jail, but the courts have since cleared him on appeal or dropped charges for lack of evidence.
Official intolerance of gays has been on the rise. Last year, despite widespread criticism, the east coast state of Terengganu set up a camp for "effeminate" boys to show them how to become men.
The latest seminar for the teachers and parents was run by deputy education minister Puad Zarkashi, his office confirmed.
Zarkashi wasn't immediately available for comment but national news agency Bernama quoted him as saying that being able to identify the signs will help contain the spread of the unhealthy lifestyle among the young, especially students.
"Youths are easily influenced by websites and blogs relating to LGBT groups," he was quoted as saying, using the acronym for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
"This can also spread among their friends. We are worried that this happens during schooling time."
(Reporting By Siva Sithraputhran, Editing by Elaine Lies and Jeremy Laurence)

Question is what will be done to cure them once indentified? :roll:
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Dinosaur
Going Postal
Mood: blank

Re: Your guide to spotting homosexuality in children!

Post by Dinosaur » 15th Sep, '12, 16:56

Yeh I knew what this was going to be before I opened it up, having seen it on facebook. I guess you did too. What really surprised me was that the "seminar" was held in Penang. Good grief. Penang is a funny ol' place sometimes. I suspect that the general consensus of opinion here is that it's a load of old twaddle from some weirdo government character. You know that I lived in Thailand before, but I know far more gays here in Penang than I ever did in Phuket. Penang State Gov and the National Gov don't always....ahem...see eye to eye.

Some great comments from real Malaysians at the bottom of the article. I loved the sarky comment from one lady "I love to hang out and eat meals. I had no idea I was gay. I've wasted so much time dating guys!"

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 15th Sep, '12, 22:19

fierce.jpg
[smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 16th Sep, '12, 07:08

That to do when you've got a gay? Damn the horror - from my experience in Indonesia they would ask you to pray more or they may send you to a pesantrian for a while because obviously god doesn't love gays... Oh that is unless they are a famous bunci (transvestite) on TV because they seem to be okay.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 16th Sep, '12, 09:44

So "Pray The Gay Away" is making its rounds

Nev - too funny

Edit: Nev props
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Dinosaur
Going Postal
Mood: blank

Post by Dinosaur » 16th Sep, '12, 12:13

Looks like there's some damage limitation going on.

Ministry denies any part in the guidelines. There's an election coming up of course in Malaysia... oh really, what a surprise uh.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation