The Daily Show -

Want to debate a topic seriously ? Well this is the place The Singaporum gets as serious as it can get.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

The Daily Show -

Post by Joseph27 » 16th Jan, '13, 09:26

Today's episode of the Daily Show contains one of the most important segments Jon Stewart has done on his show. Reporter (I don't really know what description fits best) John Oliver helped totally blur the lines between reality and fiction, between real news and news parody and the juxtaposition of all four otherwise separate spaces was combined into one unbelievably powerful segment. I was waiting to see how Jon Stewart would engage with that show Newsroom and he did it masterfully. When fiction is used to tell the stories we need to hear, and traditional news is overrun by blowhards and opportunists who generate ratings through mindless pandering to the lowest common denominator, a total reworking of this entire space is further along than we thought. News isn't dead; the line between fact and fiction, between news parody and genuine news however just got a lot more blurry.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: moody

Re: The Daily Show -

Post by avatarless » 17th Jan, '13, 03:25

Thanks. I'll check it out. Haven't seen Newsroom yet and haven't watched the Daily Show in yonks...