I Didn't Order F*** Face

When in doubt, post it in here.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

I Didn't Order F*** Face

Post by baloo » 20th Feb, '08, 10:14

What ever happened to spitting in the food.....

I Didn't Order F*** Face
A RESTAURANT owner has been forced to apologise after diners received a bill with an abusive and sexually-explicit message.

Ten friends dining at Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant in Lichfield, England found the message "suck my di** f**k face" above the their order for fish cakes, the BBC reported.
[ Image ]

There was no charge for the sexually explicit item.

Diner Clare Watkin told the BBC she thought the message had been written after the group complained about poor service.

"I couldn't believe it. The bill read 'fish cakes', which one of us had for a starter, and it was written right above it - absolutely disgusting language," Ms Watkin said. "I think that the way that we've been spoken to is absolutely outrageous."

"We actually booked the table for 8 o' clock in the evening, by the time they had taken our order it was quarter to nine and we didn't actually receive our food until quarter past 10."

Appologetic restaurant owner Nigel Langsdon told the BBC the nasty message was only meant to be seen by kitchen staff.

"That shouldn't come out on the bill, so we've got to find out what's gone wrong there," Mr Langsdon said.

"But we have apologised unreservedly to the girls concerned and said that they're very welcome to come back and have a free meal and we'd like them to."
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Re: I Didn't Order F*** Face

Post by canuck » 20th Feb, '08, 10:37

have to say I wouldn't patronise that establishment, they probably spit in their food too

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 20th Feb, '08, 11:35

Appologetic restaurant owner Nigel Langsdon told the BBC the nasty message was only meant to be seen by kitchen staff.

"That shouldn't come out on the bill, so we've got to find out what's gone wrong there," Mr Langsdon said.
[smilie=eclatderire.gif]

and he doesn't apologise for the phrase, only that it showed up on the bill... [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

Bender
I post here professionally

Post by Bender » 20th Feb, '08, 11:58

I kind of side with the restaurant guy - for all we know the diners were toxic customers. There's a lot of this sort of stuff going on, and the restaurant people were fools for letting it print.

I know that many hotels keep notes and comments on guest's history, some of which are not complimentary, but often honest, so they know what to be prepared for if/when the guest returns.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 20th Feb, '08, 14:53

There was an infamous email floating around Singapore adland a few years ago: the MD of a very well known MNC agency had replied to a supplier thanking them for their support on a particular project where the client was "demanding, unreasonable and a pain in the ass" etc. Unfortunately said MD never checked who was also on the CC list when he used the reply button to thank the supplier...

And you guessed it, the demanding, unreasonable and a pain in the ass clients were also CC'd on the mail list. This started off a whole chain of replies: from the supplier saying thanks but, uh, shouln't you check your CC list; the account director who tried to soften the effect; and of course eventually the client: "Is he talking about us?" "Yes. I think he is..." and the most senior client who replied to the MD, verbally castigating him (or morelike verbally castrating him) and CC'd everyone else on the list. The email got circulated around to lots of diferent paries including other agencies who then also chimed in slagging off the hapless MD.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 20th Feb, '08, 15:32

Seems to me something like this happened somewhere in the US a while back. Customers got the check in a restaurant only to find a not-so-flattering description of them written on it - I think it said something like 'fat, ugly couple in the back' :shock: [smilie=gnigni.gif]

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 20th Feb, '08, 17:10

slinky wrote:Seems to me something like this happened somewhere in the US a while back. Customers got the check in a restaurant only to find a not-so-flattering description of them written on it - I think it said something like 'fat, ugly couple in the back' :shock: [smilie=gnigni.gif]
can't be: in the US that would mean just about everyone... [smilie=yahoo.gif]

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 20th Feb, '08, 17:13

Just about everyone but Mr. S and me, of course, sheesh :roll:

[smilie=w00t.gif] (I don't know what that smiley's about, but he's funny!)

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 20th Feb, '08, 18:35

slinky wrote:Just about everyone but Mr. S and me, of course, sheesh :roll:
isn't that what 'just about' means? [smilie=oo.gif]

slinky
Porum addict

Post by slinky » 20th Feb, '08, 18:46

Morrolan wrote:
slinky wrote:Just about everyone but Mr. S and me, of course, sheesh :roll:
isn't that what 'just about' means? [smilie=oo.gif]
Absolutely. That's why I didn't use the SLAP smiley on you ;) :mrgreen:

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 20th Feb, '08, 18:48

slinky wrote:Absolutely. That's why I didn't use the SLAP smiley on you ;) :mrgreen:
[smilie=whistle.gif]

BFG
I post here professionally
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 21st Feb, '08, 09:15

To be fair, you have to make your own entertainment in Lichfield...
Life's too short...