Low carb snacks

Leading a healthy lifestyle ain't that easy...

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

skank-la
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Indica

Re: Low carb snacks

Post by skank-la » 13th Dec, '08, 01:10

Induction Atkins/Low Carb is basically the same as a Diabetic's diet (which by the way completely normalizes blood sugar levels in most type 2 Adult Onset Diabetics)
five-finger diabetic diet, saying "There are five things you cannot eat: bread & baked goods, potatoes & root vegetables, rice, pasta & fruit except berries."
What that leaves is large amounts of Green Veggies, Meat, Poultry, Eggs, Tofu, All dairy except Milk, Nuts & Berries-small amounts of melon. Plenty to eat. He said that at least 35% of any meal MUST be nutrient dense fibre rich fresh veggies. & oft not mentioned TONS of COLD WATER

When I was in SG next to McRitchie swimming 1&1/2 miles in the mroning then running 5 miles in the PM I could eat up to 100 Grams Carbs & still stay even

It is always about input = output in the end
I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once!

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 6th Jan, '09, 21:16

Found the snack bars from Essential living (Slim Secrets) at Cold Storage Jelita. About 6-10g carbs per bar, not ideal but best I'm getting. And not badly priced in comparison to what you can find in GNC etc. Tried a couple and taste....well, like cardboard....so may not carry on buying them!

So far diet going well. Had some lovely chilli and garlic prawns tonight.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Jan, '09, 19:49

Jan 1st - 100kg. Today 95kg. OK, 4kg was put on over Xmas, but thank god it was easy to move. Next 5kg might be a bit tougher and slower. Looking for 90-92kg by end of the month. Should be good!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal