perth

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

Re: perth

Post by Satellite » 5th May, '10, 12:52

Just back from trip. Found Perth to be a very neat and tidy city. Found the Australians very warm and friendly (cf people in England - only warm when they know you). Overall very helpful and nice.

The Botanic garden was good but very bad signages - we had trouble finding lotterywest family area. Zoo was quite nice with decent variety of animals for its size. Went to cottle? beach instead of rottnest as we discovered Baby sate was terrified of sand so didn't want to spend $$ and time there only to spend time away from the beach. The beach we went to was nice but personally I prefer the beaches in Bali. The city itself was very nice and lots of playgrounds and parks and birds.

Oh no issues with the baby food I brought in - opened and unopened.

Thanks for your tips and suggestions
Last edited by Satellite on 5th May, '10, 12:55, edited 3 times in total.

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Re: perth

Post by Beesknees » 5th May, '10, 13:16

Satellite wrote:Just back from trip. Found Perth to be a very neat and tidy city. Found the Australians very warm and friendly (cf people in England - only warm when they know you). Overall very helpful and nice.

The Botanic garden was good but very bad signages - we had trouble finding lotterywest family area. Zoo was quite nice with decent variety of animals for its size. Went to cottle? beach instead of rottnest as we discovered Baby sate was terrified of sand so didn't want to spend $$ and time there only to spend time away from the beach. The beach we went to was nice but personally I prefer the beaches in Bali. The city itself was very nice and lots of playgrounds and parks and birds.

Oh no issues with the baby food I brought in - opened and unopened.

Thanks for your tips and suggestions

Sate - you mean you found it a boring city don't you!?