Kris Flyer Point

Where to go, where to stay and why you should reconsider!

Moderator: daffodil

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Re: Kris Flyer Point

Post by Sardonicus » 25th May, '11, 21:18

I am really beginning to intensely dislike these KrisMuppets.

Seems 'someone' checked a box saying we didn't want emails (this would be both Mrs. S and I) which is why we haven't been getting them.

And...we collectively lost over 4,000 miles last year because we didn't know they expire (the other airlines I use never did this) and they say that to get them back we have to 'pay' 2,000' miles (or is it points, or are they the same thing?) to keep what we have or get them back or whatever arrrggghhhh...

And...even more miles are set to expire next week which of course I can do nothing about.

Stupid me - when I had the choice I should have booked my mileage when fling SQ to another StarAlliance carrier and saved myself the aggravation.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 25th May, '11, 22:21

Fat Bob wrote:
Morrolan wrote:i still have 125,000 Skymiles that i don't know what to do with. don't even know where i can use them other than with Delta...
If you've got not plans to use them on Skymiles, you can always use Points.com to transfer them. I transfered about 20k of Asiamiles into Amazon vouchers.
well, that proves how worthless they are: Delta miles not useable for either Amazon or PayPal. nor can you exchange...

singaporegirl
Lurker

Post by singaporegirl » 28th Jun, '11, 13:52

Yes, it's frustrating to know that our points cannot remain until we really want to use them. I've got some loose points expiring in July and feel forced to redeem them for a flight i've not planned for !

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 28th Jun, '11, 14:25

singaporegirl you can always extend them

nev
Going Postal
Mood: mental

Post by nev » 29th Jun, '11, 09:54

The new SQ website is rubbish. It's so slow, links take you to random places, and some of the Krisflyer-related online services don't work yet. I can't add redemption nominees, and I can't cancel waitlisted bookings. When I wrote to them, I got the following automated response:

"This is an automated acknowledgment to inform that we are experiencing a high volume of feedback related to the launch of our new website. We apologise that we are not able to respond to queries or feedback related to our new website at this stage. We thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the relaunch of the new website. We will review with our project team to further improve the design and functionality."

When I called them, they can't do any modification (adding a redemption nominee) over the phone. I had to download a form (which was buried somewhere in the stupidly designed website) and fax it to them. I finally saw the new redemption nominee in my account 10 days later, by which time the redemption ticket I wanted was no longer available. :evil: :evil:

Oh, and did I mention online check-in doesn't work anymore?

They better fix it, and they better fix it fast!! [smilie=23_3.gif]
Last edited by nev on 29th Jun, '11, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 29th Jun, '11, 11:21

wow, and i already thought the old website was a pain in the butt...

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 29th Jun, '11, 11:21

I agree nev under the old site once i typed in my krisflyer number I got all my flights listed and could do check in directly , but now I have to retype the booking ID

Snaffled
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: Hooray

Post by Snaffled » 29th Jun, '11, 11:25

Agreed, the new Singaporeair.com is awful. Did they not speak to people who actually used the website when they were doing the redesign?
If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking?

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 29th Jun, '11, 11:30

I wonder if they even tested the darn thing before the launch. Air Asia revamped their site a few times but the revamp actually improved the site and I've never had problems. With the premium SQ charges for its tickets, you'd think they'd do this better than Air Asia.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 29th Jun, '11, 12:55

The new website is slow and painful to use for anything more than than a standard booking. It was revamped in May I think, surprised it's not getting any better by now.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 29th Jun, '11, 14:11

The new website is shocking. We ended up at the SIA office at the ION to sort some stuff out. Because you get a 15% discount if you redeem online, I sat at the counter with a laptop open booking my flights. Whenever I couldn't do something or there was an error, the SIA lady would jump onto her system and make the changes I needed so I could continue.

They were pretty annoyed with the website revamp as it increased their workload significantly.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 29th Jun, '11, 16:01

Tried to redeem some Krisflyer miles with Lufthansa and ended up 45 minutes in their hotline. No music but constant announcements that they are facing teething problems with their website so they have a higher call volume. The website itself is shockingly slow that first I thought my internet connection is down

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 29th Jun, '11, 16:01

I booked a redemption flight the other day without a problem. Not tried to add or change redemption nominees.

It's not the best, but it's better than others that also try to charge a premium. And I do love the Indian non-vegitarian food option.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 14th Jul, '11, 13:14

Someone is in a fair bit of trouble if the CEO has to send out an email like this........
On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the website revamp was to improve on our customers’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new website, with its technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of our customers. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the website problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose went undetected is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Singapore Airlines, we strive to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of travel options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that many of you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of the Company, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Goh Choon Phong
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Airlines
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 14th Jul, '11, 13:18

i was thinking the same thing when i got it this morning...

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 14th Jul, '11, 16:29

What that email didn't tell me is, when will they fix the problems?

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 2nd Aug, '11, 06:47

Just lifted this from another forum, posted by somebody I trust:

...some people are now reporting that the SQ website is showing them details for other passengers when they pull up their booking; passport numbers, phone numbers, email addresses etc.

Another user received an email notification of a schedule change (for flights they weren't even travelling on) which was written in SMS speak...'Yr travel agent was alerted to call u or u may wish to call yr agent instead'. They booked through the website of course, not a travel agent!

Check your Krisflyer accounts and bookings :?

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 2nd Aug, '11, 07:03

Mine is working OK so far. There again, my two bookings are via the Silkair website.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

nev
Going Postal

Post by nev » 12th Oct, '11, 10:29

Stupid SQ site has not been fixed yet... Still can't cancel my bookings. The site doesn't even tell me if the booking is waitlisted or confirmed. I gave up and booked Air Asia flights (3 flights!!) instead.

It's been five months since the launch. What's happening SQ? People are now using SQ as an example of what NOT to do when designing a website, how embarrassing for them.
Avoidable website mistakes
Lessons learned
Last edited by nev on 12th Oct, '11, 10:30, edited 2 times in total.

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 13th Oct, '11, 07:16

well their frig'n around and stupid site, in end lost those points. Following her instructions fucked up my entire account and it couldn't be sorted on the phone, useless bint.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Oct, '11, 07:48

A bit harsh. How come it took you 5 months to organise it?

And so far not had a problem with the SQ website. Except for how full some of their flights seem to be!

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 13th Oct, '11, 10:12

huh? I spoke to them months ago when I first bought this up. It was around the times mentioned on article that their website was apparently being useless across the board. In the end the length of time speaking with them on international call, made it a waste of time and money. Nev post reminded me that wasn't impressed.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 13th Oct, '11, 19:44

International phone call? Why?

KrisFlyer Membership Services
AU Phone +61 2 9350 0203
Fax (Singapore) 0011 65 6789 8777
Sydney Office
Monday to Saturday 0900 to 1730.

Took me all of 20 seconds to find that.

Hell, these things are free. It's up to you to sort it out. Bitch about it because you don't use them in time just sounds like bitching at your own incompetence. I've never lost miles that I've wanted to use.

Poppy Appeal

Tas
I live here

Post by Tas » 14th Oct, '11, 07:18

get a grip bob

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 14th Oct, '11, 11:12

did that this morning!;)

Poppy Appeal