Hello from the sunny Hawkes Bay!

Not in Singapore ? Tell us what it's like where you are.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Re: Hello from the sunny Hawkes Bay!

Post by Kooky » 17th Aug, '10, 05:08

Yep, Mitchville.

Unless you're on a tight budget I think it's one thing you can do without having to organise yourself.
Last edited by Kooky on 17th Aug, '10, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 17th Aug, '10, 10:15

We used Mitchville as well. Not sure I'd want to try and organise it all myself.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 17th Aug, '10, 13:58

I know but for 4........

Quarantine will be A$3700 (assuming none get sick). The only quote I've had so far (excluding quarantine) is S$4500 for flights, export docs etc. Waiting for Mitchville to get back now I've measured the cats, but I reckon total about S$1,000 for the 4 based on that. I'd prefer to save that if I can.

Qantas said $14.25/kg. Our fattest cat is 6.5kg so that's < $100 (obviously need to buy cage and include weight of cage).

At the same time Scummy Daddy has to be in Dubai when the packers are here, so that promises to be a stressful few days as it is.......

JJ
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by JJ » 17th Aug, '10, 16:08

From Singapore its not that difficult to organise yourself. Its a hassle but its not that hard. I have done it twice by myself (from Sing to Vietnam and from Vietnam to Sing) and the other time with a pet mover (from Sing to Aus). Actually apart from the investment you need to make in terms of time, the pet movers are a complete rip off...

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 18th Aug, '10, 06:58

we used Mitchville for our two as well. they are pretty good, and there is a fair bit of work that you really don't want to be bothering with if you are moving from one continent to the next.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 18th Aug, '10, 07:44

You guys love repeating yourself.

[url=http://singapore-forum&#46com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1133&hilit=Dog+in+a+Box]Belch[/url]
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 19th Aug, '10, 10:59

OK our costs from Sing to NZ were:

$4k for flights - 2 x beags and 2 x cats
$450 for Peter the pet man who did all the organising and running around with animals for checks etc
$1.5k (about) for all blood tests and check ups.
$600 approx for travel cages.
All up to move the freakin animals from Sing to NZ it was just under $7k. And they are driving me NUTTY. Arrggghhh
Last edited by Aliya on 19th Aug, '10, 11:16, edited 3 times in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 19th Aug, '10, 11:14

Did they have quarantine? If not, it's costing even more than the 4 cats.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 19th Aug, '10, 11:15

Nope thank dog. But we did kennel all 4 for 3 weeks before they came down and that was $1500.
Last edited by Aliya on 19th Aug, '10, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 7th Sep, '10, 10:35

How did the girls like the Earthquake? Hope you have you " water, a radio and a torch" ready to go.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/quake-rocks ... 14yqe.html
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 8th Sep, '10, 11:14

Well I was sitting at my desk on the laptop when the entire table, laptop, glass started literally jumping up and down for about 15 seconds so dog only knows how awful it must have been for Christchurch! The HB one was only 5.2 but the CHCH one was 7.6 I think.

Is the world coming to an end?

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 8th Sep, '10, 11:35

YES.

Drink all vintage wines immediately.
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 8th Sep, '10, 11:52

Understood. Over and out :D

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 8th Sep, '10, 20:16

Guess we won't be hearing from A in a while.... :D
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 8th Sep, '10, 21:30

daffodil wrote:Guess we won't be hearing from A in a while.... :D
Aren't we lucky!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 9th Sep, '10, 05:16

Farking rain! Its been raining since we got here, our place is a quagmire, we cant get in electricity or the drains so it means we can't live in the house or even do much work to it. What is with this weather? The Hawkes Bay hasn't had rain like this for 25 years, it is all over NZ. Very very depressing :(

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 9th Sep, '10, 05:21

La Nina. (Imagine the squiggly little accent over the n)

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 9th Sep, '10, 05:22

It's nice having somebody online before me on a morning, that isn't about to go to bed :)

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 9th Sep, '10, 08:05

Kooky wrote:La Nina. (Imagine the squiggly little accent over the n)
You mean "La Niña"?

Poppy Appeal

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 5th Oct, '10, 02:17

Yay the Big Wet stopped about 10 days ago. Then we got lots of wind. Now it is brilliant sunshine, 20 degree days and the land is now in danger of drying out. So we got the electricity in just over a week ago and the DRAINS done yesterday. I have to do some water test on the drains today so the inspector can come and tick that off. We got two post and rail paddocks up at the front the weekend before last, MrA got halfway through completely replacing the veranda this weekend and we got another small yard in. We only have to paint the house (my job this week) and fill in a floor for the study and put the toilet in and build some internal walls, get the electricity and water pipes in the house and then we can move in YAY. That should be about 3 weeks time.

MrA is working but I am yet to find a job, they seem to think down here that I would get bored doing anything other than what I have done so the agent I am using has suggested that I dumb down my CV, all very depressing. I really need a job but it is hard to get the message across that we came here deliberately to slow down, that after 11 years in Asia I am over long days and con calls and work stress. I am waiting to hear about one job that would be really interesting, part contract work but mainly organising contracts themselves. So please fingers crossed for that! So the only downside really is my not having a job but I am sure something will come along before we completely run out of money.

On the upside this is really the most beautiful place to live, the weather is amazing, their spring weather is Aucklands summer, the wine is cheap and divine and having the horses is fab. Spring has sprung big time and the farmers markets start end of this month, Daylight Saving has started so lots of sun late in evening.

Our mare Crystal had a filly foal on Saturday, she is gorgiss, jet black, we have called her Tomahawk Black Betty. She is really nice and I have high hopes for her in the show ring.

Kooky
Can't find the exit

Post by Kooky » 5th Oct, '10, 04:19

Well I would suggest trying a charity as they're usually all-welcoming and grateful for what they can get, but I now know that doesn't really mean slowing down :lol:
Last edited by Kooky on 5th Oct, '10, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.