Skyfall *THIS THREAD NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Movies Reviews NOTE: May Contain Spoilers !

Moderator: Fuzz

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Re: Skyfall

Post by baloo » 30th Nov, '12, 01:49

That was fun.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 30th Nov, '12, 03:35

Slow start, I thought ;)

Sardonicus
Going Postal
Mood: It's academic

Post by Sardonicus » 1st Dec, '12, 12:18

Hmmmm....just saw it the other day, I'd say it's Bond in a new light, nicely pulled some things from the past into it. Still prefer Connery and that era. Was a good movie and worth catching it while it's still playing, the HD at Lido, though smaller screen, looked really good.

Did not care for the morbid intro animations though the song was good in keeping with the tradition. That is not a spoiler.

Pinklepurr wrote:Loved it. Great movie. Perhaps not quite "Bondish" enough for me, but great movie.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. Groucho Marx

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 3rd Dec, '12, 08:57

Sardonicus wrote:Did not care for the morbid intro animations though the song was good in keeping with the tradition. That is not a spoiler.
Haven't seen the movie yet, but I have to say that the song irritates the hell out of me. Where did they find someone with such a hopeless, annoying voice? Makes me want to slit my wrists. The arrangement is bad, too, I think the wrought in references to Bond songs of old are just too forced.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 3rd Dec, '12, 10:25

If you can get your cyber hands on the recent Graham Norton Bond special with Daniel, Judi and Javier, do so.

(M, agreed. Love a female soul singer but she's always left me cold.)

Bender
I post here professionally

Post by Bender » 6th Dec, '12, 08:56

Spoiler: toggle
I enjoyed it, although I thought the villain could have been a bit more villanous and deranged; and there were no memorable lines like (I'll use Goldfinger as an example): [color=#0000BF]Pussy Galore: My name is Pussy Galore. James Bond: I must be dreaming. [/color] or [color=#0000BF]James Bond: Do you expect me to talk? Auric Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die. [/color] And the title song was not a patch on Shirley Bassey belting out "Goldfingerrrrr...!". I was also a bit sad that Judi Dench had her last appearance as M; I quite liked her as M. Pity she went out with a whimper rather than being a bit more stoic and heroic. She could have gone out with a bang and died a bit more spectacularly, perhaps blown to smithereens or something - although that would have made the kiss scene a bit awkward I guess. You can tell I liked the old Bond Movies, with the gadgetry, quirky henchpeople (Oddjob, Jaws, May Day and the rest), amazing locations and scenery, and general craziness. Skyfall was still good though.
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Re: Skyfall *THIS THREAD NOW CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Post by Jedi » 4th Feb, '13, 10:31

Finally managed to see it and very disappointed.
Spoiler: toggle
No reason to kill M and what a pathetic way to do it. Slowly bleeding to death. Ugh! The villian was annoying as hell, with a weird accent. How many hacker/mercenaries exist in the real world? Stupid. Moneypenny totally miscast. Where are the hot (modern) sports cars with cool gadgets? Recycle an old one and blow it up! Stupid. But my biggest problem with the movie was that the whole thing was about the death of M (and perhaps establishing the new (modern) moneypenny.) It was a filler movie. How about killing moneypenny in a violent and horrific way and Bond going nuts on a revenge frenzy hunting down the evil bastard who did it? Possibly the worst and dumbest bond movie i've ever seen. It looks like the bond we once loved is well and truly gone.