Sage

Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs of Singapore

Moderator: Fuzz

kittykat
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: In a state of flux

Sage

Post by kittykat » 10th Apr, '08, 11:27

Well after hearing my friends rave about it kiwi bf and I went there last night. Firstly - it's BYO!! [smilie=yahoo.gif] So took along two bottles of bubbly and a bottle of red (in case of emergency) and the served our bubbly in lovely tall flutes and popped it on ice.

Dinner was great as well. I had the Oysters in Vichyssioisse (sp?) - cold potato soup with caviar and it was yummy. Kiwi bf had Oxtail soup with Foie Gras and something else (I don't eat Foie Gras do didn't try it). It was beautifully presented in layers like a little meat flavoured latte.

Mains - I had the duck confitt which was good. I did whinge initially that it was a bit dry but was corrected by kiwi bf and told to mix it with the sauce and then voila - divine. Kiwi bf had the beef cheek and that was absolutely stunning.

Dessert - I had some lemon type thing that was great served with peanut icecream and it worked. Presentation was most impressive. Kiwi bf had a single malt whiskey.

All up cost including the whiskey was $170 which isn't bad considering we ate like Lords. Nice terrace outside to have an apperitif then we mosey'ed into do have our entrees waiting for us.

I think this place is a find!

Entrees $20-30
Mains $30-42
Dessert $12-18
Drinks - not sure we only had the whiskey and didn't check the bill

Ohh and they don't pounce about with "sparkling or still water". When I asked for water I got lovely, cold tap water that didn't cost me $9 a bottle!! Very impressed with the service and staff as well - very attentive and friendly!

Ratings: Food 9/10 Service 9/10 Ambience 8/10 Cost 8/10
Because you're worth it...

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Re: Sage

Post by Aliya » 10th Apr, '08, 11:34

Kiwi BF??? We thort you had dumped him :D.

Went to Sage with the gorgiss Francois from Flutes to celebrate the end of our cooking course. FAB. They did a divine quail on punkin with truffle sauce that I have recreated. Definately recommended!
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 10th Apr, '08, 11:57

Um, yeah - I couldn't concentrate beyond the first half of the first sentence either. I hope he paid.

kittykat

Post by kittykat » 10th Apr, '08, 12:22

OK a compromise was reached. We enjoy each other's company until he goes. Committment is tricky word to use in a relationship as his idea of committment was a mortgage and wedding ring - mine was not seeing other people. Soooo.... we are still seeing each other til he goes to NZ next week then we'll see what happens. I don't think it will work long term and he's ambivalent. Here we are - last fun few days together. He did pay but I bought the bubbly!

BTW I have found the BEST bubbly - $35 a bottle and it's terrific. Jimmy Watsons!

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Apr, '08, 12:23

Yeah, I was a bit confused too!

kittykat

Post by kittykat » 10th Apr, '08, 12:35

He's a simpleton - takes life one day at a time. I plan and plot a bit more so that's why we won't work. I don't see us continuing on.

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 10th Apr, '08, 12:37

Anyway, back to the restaurant/food....

Shame about the location - I don't like Unity Square/ Mohammed Sultan.

So there...
Life's too short...

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Apr, '08, 13:02

Presumably by "enjoy each others company" at least one of you means "shag each others brains out"? :D

(To the pedants: should it be "other's"?)

Dancing Queen
Limp Member
Mood: Fab!

Post by Dancing Queen » 30th Jun, '08, 11:02

Went there last night and it was flawless. The mushroom and truffle soup was food for the gods [smilie=bowdown.gif] as was the chocolate fondant. Service was friendly and intelligent. Not cheap but would definitley recommend it.

Pinklepurr

Post by Pinklepurr » 30th Jun, '08, 11:20

They've moved haven't they? What is the new place like?
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 30th Jun, '08, 23:24

kittykat wrote:He's a simpleton - takes life one day at a time. I plan and plot a bit more so that's why we won't work. I don't see us continuing on.
Either take this to the TLC or let me have my twopennies worth!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal