toy-a-holic anonymous

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Satellite
Going Postal
Mood: Cybered

toy-a-holic anonymous

Post by Satellite » 10th Sep, '09, 10:12

I can't help myself but keep buying toys for the little guy. The worst part is that I keep buying toys that he can't even use yet! (and I'd probably either have to re-sell them or lug it around with me to the UK early next year)

He little guy can't even sit up yet and only learning how to grab things....

Help.. how do I stop myself from buying toys... (and both my mother and mr sate said I have to stop)

(not sure where to post this)
Last edited by Satellite on 11th Sep, '09, 08:50, edited 2 times in total.

Satellite
Going Postal

Re: toy-a-holics annoymous

Post by Satellite » 10th Sep, '09, 10:13

I just saw a toy that I would like to buy.... resisting .. resisiting ... let's see if it can last till someone else buys it.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Re: toy-a-holic annoymous

Post by Pinklepurr » 10th Sep, '09, 11:02

Um, don't go to shops with toys for sale! ;)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Sep, '09, 11:05

I have to say I'm terrible for this.

My only recourse is to invent an elaborate series of detours so that we don't walk past toy shops, otherwise Mini now says "Buy toy. Pay lady".

My own fault.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 10th Sep, '09, 11:13

I chuckle when I see Crackers hovering around the Lego section looking for another set of Bob The Builder Duplo, because obviously it's our 2yo who wants the entire set.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 10th Sep, '09, 11:35

Little M already has more than 50 toy sharks and is still adding to his collection, helped by Fyn and yours truly... the good thing is that he can identify just about all the different types. very useful for when he starts surfing or wake boarding...
Last edited by Morrolan on 10th Sep, '09, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 10th Sep, '09, 11:53

Well, now I don't feel so bad. The other weekend we went to a party and despite the hosts being rather well-to-do, their children had very few toys. I even asked one of the kids, "C'mon, you can tell me where you keep your stash." and he was like, "No, this is everything." How did they manage that?

Gawd, our house looks like a toy invasion. Mostly Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder, Pixar Cars. Wolfie even has a mental list of what he wants to buy next.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 10th Sep, '09, 12:36

we found that we have more toys than Little M's playgroup... in fact, i think we could start one.

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 10th Sep, '09, 12:39

This reminds me of how my Dad got my brother and myself this fabulous train set which he carefully set up - and then wouldn't let us anywhere near it...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Sep, '09, 13:08

Yep, Scummy Daddy wants to get himself, no sorry, Mini a train set for Xmas .......

Satellite
Going Postal

Post by Satellite » 10th Sep, '09, 14:02

oh noo.. i succumbed... I bought a playmat/gym tunnel for him for when he can crawl. (the playmat part is useless as he doesn't like lying down, only sitting up) Now I have to hide it from my mother and mr sate.

Edit: I even went away from my desk to do something distracting but I had the lady's number... it was such a good deal. And I came up with a great excuse that I'd buy it for my cousin's daughter who can now crawl. Now my excuse for keeping it is that it is not nice to give a second hand toy to someone. How useless I am. [smilie=23_3.gif]
Last edited by Satellite on 10th Sep, '09, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Sep, '09, 15:05

[smilie=yahoo.gif]

Now I know who I can bamboozle into buying Mini's surplus toys when he outgrows them.......

[smilie=yahoo.gif] :twisted:

Satellite
Going Postal

Post by Satellite » 10th Sep, '09, 15:57

[smilie=w00t.gif]

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 10th Sep, '09, 16:03

Why don't you all arrange a toy swap rather than buying new ones?
We are the TPF

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 10th Sep, '09, 17:07

Satellite wrote: (not sure where to post this)
In the parenting and children section?

Why on earth do all you with kids insist on bringing all their troubles, or your own troubles with them, to the main section!

The rest of the world does nto care about your kids. You had them, you keep a stiff upper lip about them!
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Satellite
Going Postal

Post by Satellite » 10th Sep, '09, 17:18

to encourage you to join us.
;)

I don't believe in the stiff upper lip but to express oneself!

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Sep, '09, 17:51

When are you going to the UK and how old will your boy be?

I've some winter clothes for sale, I think 12-18 months but maybe some 9-12 months, lightly worn (as he only wore them on holiday).

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 10th Sep, '09, 18:41

PARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTION
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit

Post by Fat Bob » 10th Sep, '09, 19:14

I have the power......THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

Poppy Appeal

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 10th Sep, '09, 19:44

Errmm, you did read the subject heading did you not?

And if you look at "today's posts" you'll see this regardless of what section it's in.

So you're obviously CHOOSING to read this which means on some sub-conscious level you're interested in kids.

You just need to find a woman happy to see you as her boss (without puking) and you can live appily ever after........ [smilie=kiss.gif]

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 10th Sep, '09, 19:56

Scummy Mummy wrote:Errmm, you did read the subject heading did you not?

And if you look at "today's posts" you'll see this regardless of what section it's in.

So you're obviously CHOOSING to read this which means on some sub-conscious level you're interested in kids.

You just need to find a woman happy to see you as her boss (without puking) and you can live appily ever after........ [smilie=kiss.gif]
[smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif]
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 10th Sep, '09, 21:16

Frisbee!

Fetch!

Bender
I post here professionally

Post by Bender » 11th Sep, '09, 05:54

If you reckon toymania is bad, wait until birthday parties becomes a competitive sport.

Hey, maybe you could have a paintballing party! I hear there are some great places...
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.” – Henry David Thoreau

Morrolan
Part of the furniture

Post by Morrolan » 11th Sep, '09, 06:44

Fat Bob wrote:PARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN SECTIONPARENT AND CHILDREN ... .... ...
[smilie=rotflmao.gif]

troll

Satellite
Going Postal

Post by Satellite » 11th Sep, '09, 08:48

Scummy Mummy wrote:When are you going to the UK and how old will your boy be?

I've some winter clothes for sale, I think 12-18 months but maybe some 9-12 months, lightly worn (as he only wore them on holiday).

He will be 8 months (during the christmas visit). We already have a selection of winter clothes which I bought when he was 2 months! :roll: But will be willing to look at them.

Ask me again first week of december as I just saw Baby Sate beside our 8 month old neighbour's baby and he looked so tiny in comparison. Can't imagine he would grow so much in 4 months to get to that size.

Edit: Boy, did I get it from my mother for buying that toy....nag, nag, it is so bulky, nag nag, why can't he palce a blanket over two chairs like you did with your brother...nag nag, he will be off the toy in 2 weeks, nag nag,, stifling his creativity..nag nag nag nag.....
Last edited by Satellite on 11th Sep, '09, 08:52, edited 3 times in total.