Medical insurance for baby

Looking for tips on how to control the rugrats ? Want to know what the latest trend in baby strollers is ?

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Shaxiaoyu
Limp Member
Mood: ok

Medical insurance for baby

Post by Shaxiaoyu » 5th Mar, '13, 10:52

Hi, I'll be moving to Singapore in a few weeks with my 3 months old daughter and my wife.

My work are providing family medical insurance which looks more then ok for me and my wife but we're thinking it's not comprehensive enough for our daughter and therefore wanted to take out a seperate policy for her - can anyone recommend a good medical insurance plan for expat babies in Singapore?

Thanks!

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Re: Medical insurance for baby

Post by expat yorkshire » 5th Mar, '13, 11:35

You can buy a policy from any of the big insurance companies here for a few hundred dollars

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 5th Mar, '13, 16:36

Agree: I use NTUC but AIA, Great Eastern, Chartis plus others have them. Look for the riders - they will help reduce the co-insurance and co-pay (and in some cases, reduce it to zero).
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 13th Mar, '13, 17:09

I tend to go with a similar view to Spike and only insure my children for third party, fire and theft. That way if they bite someone, catch fire spontaneously or get stolen, I'm OK
We are the TPF

BoD
Part of the furniture

Post by BoD » 13th Mar, '13, 17:10

Some more expensive policies also have a courtesy baby option, but god knows who would pay for that.
We are the TPF

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 13th Mar, '13, 17:17

It depends what you want covered and what excess you are willing to pay. Allianz are good. BUPA and IHI good but expensive as US cover is lumped. I gran give you the name of a broker I use if you want.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 13th Mar, '13, 21:44

BoD wrote:I tend to go with a similar view to Spike and only insure my children for third party, fire and theft. That way if they bite someone, catch fire spontaneously or get stolen, I'm OK
Didnt know you had children :shock:

SunshineAfterRain
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: She is the whole world to me

Post by SunshineAfterRain » 14th Mar, '13, 00:06

Lichty, I suppose BoD is taking a mickey out of the poster or maybe at Spike? LOL
Every flower that ever bloomed, had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there!

Inax
Lurker
Mood: Super!

Post by Inax » 21st Mar, '13, 17:47

i think you can take the insurance from the big insurance company. usually they provide it for the baby but you should spend more for baby. if you needed just buy the policy for yoour baby. where are you now?

Shaxiaoyu
Limp Member
Mood: ok

Post by Shaxiaoyu » 22nd Mar, '13, 03:56

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - we looked in to heaps of them and have decided to move forward with an Axa plan as it seemed to be the right fit in terms of type of coverage we'd need. I'd strongly suggest anyone else needing to do the same in the future to shop around - we found significant differences both in price and coverage between the major insurers!