Oh dear

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Oh dear

Post by Kooky » 24th Nov, '11, 18:14

Really bad news.

The pub attached to our apartment complex (i.e., built on to it, can walk there undercover within a minute of closing our front door) has recently re-opened after being shut since before we moved in in June 2010.

Gone are the semi-clad barmaids, it seems. Can't comment on the fate of the petty crims it was rumoured to have frequent it but it seemed OK to us. It has a semi-open restaurant and a beer garden. It's Asian run. Neo and I just ate there, I had an incredibly good char kway teow and he had scrummy pork ribs and rice, came to just over $20.

Can't cook for that. They do takeaway too. Seriously bad news.

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Re: Oh dear

Post by daffodil » 24th Nov, '11, 19:48

Cool. Is the cafe under your place still open too? You may never have to lift up a saucepan again.

Give you more time to perfect your sewing :D
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Post by Lichtgestalt » 24th Nov, '11, 19:48

So you are happy because you don't have to cook anymore and Neo is sad because the barmaids are gone ;)

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 25th Nov, '11, 06:44

It's nothing to be proud of but I can't remember the last time I lifted a saucepan. I told the cleaner just the other week that there really is no need to clean the oven every time she comes - we've never used it.

Cafe went :( but the area is finally developing and more are popping up - just hope they're viable. Also that space has just been taken and a new cafe is being fitted out :)