Dental hygiene in China or lack thereof

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Dental hygiene in China or lack thereof

Post by Aliya » 26th Feb, '08, 23:25

What is it in China with dinosaur breath and literally green teeth? the guy in the aisle across from me on the plane had breath so bad I got more than a whiff of it. It reminded me of my Hong Kong days when a guy who was serving me to sell a phone had breath so bad I had to ask if he didnt serve me.

Dont people brush or something in China? I cant think of any other reason why their breath would be sooooooo bad. [smilie=wtf.gif]
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

Raffles
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: ?

Re: Dental hygiene in China or lack thereof

Post by Raffles » 27th Feb, '08, 00:42

Maybe you have been smelling that damned garlic as I smell on them and others here and yes it stinks! [smilie=deg.gif]

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 27th Feb, '08, 06:41

garlic doesn't smell bad... [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

Raffles
Too Much Time on my Hands
Mood: ?

Post by Raffles » 27th Feb, '08, 14:48

Morrolan wrote:garlic doesn't smell bad... [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]

Well maybe not..................on some roast potatoes of course. :lol: :lol: :P

Tas
I live here
Mood: Confuddled

Post by Tas » 28th Feb, '08, 09:28

I've never noticed bad breath particularly. I've had some pretty good flights actually (once I've mentally accepted the pushing and shoving and give as good as I get, or float along depending on my mood). Probably only thing I can think of is some really hardcore chain smoking chinese cigarette breath which is really frightening, but I wouldn't call that the norm.

Though now I think of it, there's some pretty hairy customers when you get a group of middle aged 'business' men who've clearly been on the baiju the night before, and had a few hair-of-the-dog before getting on the midafternoon flight. You've got be really unlucky to find yourself sitting in the middle of that crowd just behind the wing for 3+ hours.
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.
- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg