TV to watch

Need a good place to eat ? Destination for Holiday ? Can't find a decent Handyman ? Or want to tell the world about your experiences ? This is the place.

Moderator: Fuzz

Possum
Going Postal

Re: TV to watch

Post by Possum » 21st Jan, '09, 17:29

I just brought series 1, 2, 3 and 4 of outrageous fortune. Anyone wishing to lend let me know
Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colours.

baloo
Can't find the exit
Mood: exhausted

Post by baloo » 16th Feb, '09, 10:41

Thanks to Mr Canuck, I am no longer able to watch Grey's Anatomy. I forget exactly what he said but he succinctly tore the show to pieces in a line or two.

But I have found Californication. Opening scene of the first episode was so perfect I was hooked. I couldn't work out why Crackers didn't enjoy it until she came out with the answer that makes the most sense. Californication is to men what Sex and the City was to women.
So…if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 16th Feb, '09, 10:44

Just d/l Tv series Skins

Like Grange Hill on acid but set in the 6th form college with sex drugs and rave music ..... great fun

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 16th Feb, '09, 10:56

Grange Hill - man that brings back memories...
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 16th Feb, '09, 10:58

Yes Adda .....it was a classic Tucker Jenkins, Fat Allan, Benny , Trisha Yates , Bullet Baxter

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 16th Feb, '09, 11:05

Is Skins the one with the Slumdog Millionaire actor in it? It's on here but I've never watched it.

Grange Hill. Many an hour spent watching that instead of studying.

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 16th Feb, '09, 11:07

When I moved over to London in 1989, I was thrilled to see that there was actually a tube station called Grange Hill. I especially made a trip there to see what it looked like... but I was slightly underwhelmed.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 16th Feb, '09, 11:38

Dollhouse is Joss Whedon's latest effort. I watched the pilot and it wasn't bad.

I've also just discovered How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory, both of which I'm really enjoying.

expat yorkshire
Going Postal

Post by expat yorkshire » 16th Feb, '09, 12:19

Yes the slumdog boy plays a pakistani boy who just wants to get laid

Kooky wrote:Is Skins the one with the Slumdog Millionaire actor in it? It's on here but I've never watched it.

Grange Hill. Many an hour spent watching that instead of studying.

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 17th Feb, '09, 00:18

baloo wrote:Thanks to Mr Canuck, I am no longer able to watch Grey's Anatomy. I forget exactly what he said but he succinctly tore the show to pieces in a line or two.

But I have found Californication. Opening scene of the first episode was so perfect I was hooked. I couldn't work out why Crackers didn't enjoy it until she came out with the answer that makes the most sense. Californication is to men what Sex and the City was to women.

I love Californication...Mr Purr hates it. What does that say about us??? Argh. I thought it was very nice of FX to bring out those shows at 11pm, watched Californication and Mad Men...loved them both but had to watch by myself. :roll:
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 17th Feb, '09, 05:16

Coincidentally Neo had Skins on the TV when I got back from school last night, so I watched a bit of it.

More Hollyoaks than Grange Hill, I thought.

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 17th Feb, '09, 06:24

baloo wrote:Thanks to Mr Canuck, I am no longer able to watch Grey's Anatomy. I forget exactly what he said but he succinctly tore the show to pieces in a line or two.
[smilie=lol2.gif] I can imagine, it didn't work on me but then I'm a girl [smilie=whistle.gif]

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 17th Feb, '09, 08:16

Pinklepurr wrote:I love Californication...Mr Purr hates it. What does that say about us??? Argh. I thought it was very nice of FX to bring out those shows at 11pm, watched Californication and Mad Men...loved them both but had to watch by myself. :roll:
Californication on SG TV ? I can only imagine the first few episodes were only 10mins long with the amount of editing they would have felt compelled to do.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 17th Feb, '09, 09:32

I watched the first episode on SQ one time, really enjoyed, was laughing all the way through. Since watch teh full 1st and 2nd series, again, good. Well worth it.
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Pinklepurr
I post here professionally

Post by Pinklepurr » 17th Feb, '09, 20:40

They didn't edit out as much as I thought they would (had watched some of the episodes back in Oz whilst home on holidays)
"Always turn and look when your cat gazes behind you with that intent look in her eyes. Some day there might actually be something there." - Anonymous

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 18th Feb, '09, 07:47

they're probably hoping it will lead to more babies...

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 18th Feb, '09, 09:16

We've just watched "The State Within" - a BBC drama recommended by Amazon. Fabulous. Great to watch intelligent TV.

canuck
I live here

Post by canuck » 18th Feb, '09, 13:06

anyone watch the fringe?

baloo
Can't find the exit

Post by baloo » 18th Feb, '09, 13:08

I've been archiving the episodes. Watched up to #6 or #7 I think and never got back into it. Did it get better ?

canuck
I live here

Post by canuck » 18th Feb, '09, 15:26

not yet, I quite like the male actors, but you just want to slap her dontcha?

she constantly freaks out and then tells the other character how out of Character it is for her.. no where near the writing skills that xfiles had, and a real same same theme running through every episode, sorta like, well we glued em to death, now lets see if we can blow them apart, and then next time oh, oh, I know we could glue them to a bus, and then blow apart their heads....

Getting terribly redundant too quickly... but CSI starts tonight on terrestrial whoo hoo

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 19th Feb, '09, 07:11

Scummy Mummy wrote:We've just watched "The State Within" - a BBC drama recommended by Amazon. Fabulous. Great to watch intelligent TV.
I believe that was on BBC Entertainment recently, however, missed the first few episodes and hate getting into something half way through.

Wish they'd tell us in plenty of time when it'll be on, rather than just "soon".
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Batwoman
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Stressssed Oooooot

Post by Batwoman » 20th Feb, '09, 14:28

The Killpoint - currently showing on Foxcrime

Jedi
Going Postal
Mood: What evs

Post by Jedi » 20th Feb, '09, 14:41

Watched the Californication pilot and I am hooked. Great show!

Joseph27
Going Postal
Mood: Reflective and Motivated

Post by Joseph27 » 3rd Mar, '09, 19:47

Well I havent jumped on board this post - so here I am with Family Guy. Addicted - I love Stewie Griffin and his blatant homosexual tendenies. The throw away scene to Jesus taking a shower was very amusing but the general dialogue with Brian the dog is first rate.

Other than that - the Daily Show. I don't have the time for much else - the start of season 4 Battlestar sits on my cabinet - havent even gotten in to the new Dr Who.
"truth is a group of metaphors, metonyms, and anthropomorphisms; a sum of human relation which is poetically and rhetorically intensified, metamorphosed and adored so that after a long time it is then codified in the binding canon."

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 3rd Mar, '09, 21:56

I also can't find the time. I'm lucky if I can watch Lost each week. I asked Cromasaig if I could borrow her 30 Rock discs. I need comedy.
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.