Airbeds

Practical stuff about living in Singapore - you ask, we'll try to answer! Trades, sales, wants, desires - but no commercial ads, please!

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Airbeds

Post by Beesknees » 26th Mar, '10, 10:42

We aren't taking much furniture with us but have decided to ship our bed although apparently it's going to take up to 6 weeks to arrive.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good airbeds (something we'd like to sleep on for 6 weeks!)

It looks like IKEA Singapore only does 189 length beds which is one of the reasons we'll take our longer one - Mr B has long legs.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Re: Airbeds

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 26th Mar, '10, 10:59

Giant and Carrefour sell reasonably priced ones in a variety of sizes. I think Takashimaya do expemsive ones (or so I was told when I was looking a year ago.) We slept quite happily for 2 weeks on the cheapy Giant ones.

Fresh Mint
Going Postal
Mood: Blur

Post by Fresh Mint » 26th Mar, '10, 11:55

Do you know you can also rent furniture in Singapore. Lots of people do this while waiting for their stuff to arrive.

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Beesknees » 26th Mar, '10, 14:11

FM - No I didn't

Uh Well-a well-a well-a huh
tell me more tell me more

Fresh Mint
Going Postal
Mood: Blur

Post by Fresh Mint » 26th Mar, '10, 15:05

Google is your friend, but I have heard good things about these people -- albeit they are at the top end of the market ...

http://www.wtpstyle.com/services/

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Beesknees » 26th Mar, '10, 16:44

Thanks FM but as you said it looks top of the market stuff. We're more middle of the road market (at most!) I think we will invest in a good air bed which we can use when visitors come over.

Queenie
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Queenie » 26th Mar, '10, 17:45

Hey Beesknees, my landlord is trying to get rid of some furniture if you're interested to come by to have a look. Beds, settee, white goods, tv, tv console, dining table etc.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 27th Mar, '10, 04:40

We rented furniture when we first got to Oz - I know it's just like going to a hotel but the bed had seriously seen better days.

Taka has them on floor 4, I think it is - near the escalators, with camping and sports gear. Of course I haven't lived in Singapore for nearly two years but they were there for six years so I doubt that has changed.

Scrummy Mummy
I live here

Post by Scrummy Mummy » 27th Mar, '10, 08:57

If you have a spare bedroom you could buy a cheap bed from IKEA for that and use it till your furniture arrives.

Beesknees
Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Beesknees » 27th Mar, '10, 09:04

We'll have two sparebedrooms but putting beds in seems an awful waste of space! When visitors come they can sleep on our flashy airbed from Tako. We are going to have a his and hers office in our new place - I always wanted one of my own as Mr B makes such a mess with his paperwork - although he of course blames me.

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 27th Mar, '10, 13:07

Good onya, space is expensive so be selfish like we are. We use it for at least 48 weeks of the year so visitors can sleep on a sofabed. :D

(Although often it's us that do that. No matter.)