Taxis!!!!

Need to rant and rave ? Here's your chance.

Moderator: Singaporum Moderators

Lichtgestalt
Going Postal

Re: Taxis!!!!

Post by Lichtgestalt » 20th Nov, '08, 19:18

Last time I was in Singapoer it seemed that there were rather too many cars on the road. maybe it's time that the goverment reduces the numbers of new COEs it puts on the market?

Lady Uppercrust
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Perfect, yet quirky

Post by Lady Uppercrust » 21st Nov, '08, 10:11

canuck wrote:Like I am going to listen to gun toting mericans and bleeding ear people..

However with the news of $2 COE's I may just buy a car [smilie=mango.gif]

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 04503.html

Oi Oi ! :o

There's nothing rong with my bleedin' ears ! [4980.gif]

Aliya
I post here professionally
Mood: The Pig Farmer!

Post by Aliya » 3rd Dec, '08, 09:46

OK yesterday I was on Beach Road trying to hail a taxi after MsA had been for her bridesmaid's dress fitting to get them all home. A blue taxi with its green lights on drove right past me despite me moving almost infront of him to get him to stop. It was very lightly drizzling. He ignored me and kept going. I just about jumped up and down on the spot in rage. There was no way he could have missed me, if he did then he shouldnt be driving as he would be a road hazard. In addition T my maid had tried to get a taxi just before me and when she told the taxi driver their destination he immediately said "don't want, will not go" despite not having a sign up saying going somewhere else.

I rang Comfort and told them about it - still in the rage I hasten to add. They did the usual soothing noises but this time I stood my ground and told them I wanted written explanation from the driver why wouldnt he stop for me. And as this continues to occur and not only me but loads of other people I know complain about this I wanted to know what Comfort Taxis training scheme was like and how they addressed this issue. I asked for someone to call me to outline how they are trying to prevent this because I, as a customer, am sick of being victimised by taxi drivers like this.

They promised someone would call within a couple of days. Will keep you posted!
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 3rd Dec, '08, 10:34

Aliya wrote:OK yesterday I was on Beach Road trying to hail a taxi after MsA had been for her bridesmaid's dress fitting to get them all home.
You wearing white?
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 3rd Dec, '08, 10:37

I could wear white??? Didnt think i would be allowed :D
"I really love you" she said. "Is that the champagne talking" he asked. "No" she laughed. "That's me talking to the champagne"

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 3rd Dec, '08, 10:47

Aliya wrote:I could wear white???
Well you could, but someone would have to be on hand with a defibrillator for the vicar.

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 3rd Dec, '08, 10:51

I'm allowed a vicar as well??????

Addadude
Post Traumatic Stress
Mood: Totally underwhelmed

Post by Addadude » 3rd Dec, '08, 11:17

Aliya wrote:I'm allowed a vicar as well??????
As soon as he gets his vegetable removed...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2195
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

canuck
I live here
Mood: 109

Post by canuck » 3rd Dec, '08, 13:15

sorry to hear A: I have found a great regular cabbie, brings me and the other half brekkie in the morning :D

so who ya marrying? and why wasn't I invited? or.... [smilie=idea.gif] mm champagne :D

Burbage
Part of the furniture
Mood: Litotic

Post by Burbage » 3rd Dec, '08, 13:18

They promised someone would call within a couple of days.
[smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif] [smilie=rotflmao.gif]

canuck
I live here

Post by canuck » 3rd Dec, '08, 15:13

burb, don't be cruel, she is being an optimist :)

I just try not to take comfort unless they are the only ones on the scene

slinky
Porum addict
Mood: :)

Post by slinky » 3rd Dec, '08, 15:30

canuck wrote:I have found a great regular cabbie, brings me and the other half brekkie in the morning :D
:shock: Seriously?? What does he bring?

Kooky
Can't find the exit
Mood: Superior

Post by Kooky » 3rd Dec, '08, 16:50

Who cares? The important thing is that he's realised you don't get on the wrong side of Canucky. ;)

Spike
Going Postal
Mood: Shplendid

Post by Spike » 3rd Dec, '08, 16:58

canuck wrote:Like I am going to listen to gun toting mericans and bleeding ear people..

However with the news of $2 COE's I may just buy a car [smilie=mango.gif]

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 04503.html
Hrrmph...low COE might be good if you have no car and you want to buy a new one but I just got a trade in price for my car, which was shockingly low. The sales guy tells me, "Ah when COE so low ah, used car value also drop wan" Looks like I'll be keeping the current motor until it expires.
[7701.gif]
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

canuck
I live here

Post by canuck » 3rd Dec, '08, 16:58

I think the taxi fates finally smiled upon me, she is in the area regularly, and this morning was egg and bacon bap :D

It is an anomaly I am sure it won't continue, but we see her regularly and talk about her family, she is very proud of her cooking, and she is a star

Aliya

Post by Aliya » 3rd Dec, '08, 17:54

They called me back! Apologised etc, told me they were really trying to get drivers to stop this but there are individual drivers who persist etc. I said fine, thanks but I am telling you right now, next time a taxi drives past me without stopping when he should as a customer I will be demanding a written explanation from the driver and Comfort. She said she understood etc etc. Lovely lady.

And sadly no I am not getting married, a friend is getting married at Raffles Hotel on Friday and MsA is one of her flowergirls. God help the wedding with MsA running amok!! Am sick of being single at the moment, looking for some nice unsuspecting man :) who lives at least part of the time in the same country...

daffodil
Part of the furniture
Mood: Typhoon'd...

Post by daffodil » 3rd Dec, '08, 18:38

You never know what you'll find under the Christmas Tree.... [7617.gif]
Taurus...loyal friend and dedicated enemy.

BFG
Mood: Tingly in my bits

Post by BFG » 3rd Dec, '08, 19:30

daffodil wrote:You never know what you'll find under the Christmas Tree.... [7617.gif]
...in 22 wake-ups. Hoooorrrrrraaahhh!!!!!

[4980.gif]
Life's too short...

Morrolan
Part of the furniture
Mood: sceptical

Post by Morrolan » 4th Dec, '08, 08:39

21 now... [7701.gif]

azzam
Mood: musn't grumble

Post by azzam » 4th Dec, '08, 08:51

It's strange, I never seem to have these problems with taxis.
In the city area, I make a point of waiting at a taxi stand, or at least getting off a main road. Often I will find a handy corner or place with a decent stopping area. There's not much point hanging around on yellow lines or busy thoroughfares. I'm never too sure about the CBD stopping policy, so make an allowance for it just in case. And as for directions, make it clear - "gabbing on the phone" at the same time is probably not very helpful. ;)
It has seldom happened to me that they misunderstand, and if it does, they are usually pretty gracious about dropping the price. I think Singapore taxis are great - just getting a bit pricey for me these days.
Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken

Spike
Going Postal

Post by Spike » 4th Dec, '08, 09:05

Aliya wrote:They called me back! Apologised etc, told me they were really trying to get drivers to stop this but there are individual drivers who persist etc. I said fine, thanks but I am telling you right now, next time a taxi drives past me without stopping when he should as a customer I will be demanding a written explanation from the driver and Comfort. She said she understood etc etc. Lovely lady.

And sadly no I am not getting married, a friend is getting married at Raffles Hotel on Friday and MsA is one of her flowergirls. God help the wedding with MsA running amok!! Am sick of being single at the moment, looking for some nice unsuspecting man :) who lives at least part of the time in the same country...
I'm tired of being single too and I live in Singapore all the time. I'll marry you....when you've sold the children [smilie=whistle.gif]
Prayer has no place in public schools. Just like facts have no place in organised religion.

Fat Bob
Can't find the exit
Mood: Born to Tour!

Post by Fat Bob » 4th Dec, '08, 09:10

And here's me thinking "yes, a 50-odd year old with 2 children and too many pets, prime for my next conquest"......
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life" ...Cecil Rhodes.

Poppy Appeal

Spike
Going Postal

Post by Spike » 4th Dec, '08, 09:18

Fat Bob wrote:And here's me thinking "yes, a 50-odd year old with 2 children and too many pets, prime for my next conquest"......
But she's only 32.

cromasaig
Going Postal
Mood: excessively rained-upon

Post by cromasaig » 4th Dec, '08, 09:53

Aliya wrote: looking for some nice unsuspecting man
Well A, it looks like you're gonna have to cross FB off the list of unsuspecting men. That would be a blow to any girl, so if you're having trouble coping with that, you let me know and I'll break out the gin. ;)

The misses A should look so sweet tomorrow that they shouldn't be too much of a deterrent if you flutter your eyelashes at a fellow wedding guest. Then you only have the fwegals to deal with. Oh, and the fwarrots, the fwats and the fwish. Did I miss anything?

Lili Von Shtupp
Part of the furniture
Mood: Notorious

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » 4th Dec, '08, 09:57

At least there's no more fwentipedes. That's got to count for something!
A woman walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave it to her.